Consider ways in which you could help preserve the history of our wonderful breed. So much has been lost already and together we can ensure that those to follow will know the hard work of those that came before. We have some suggestions and hope you will consider helping us out in any way you can.
- Ensure that any important history you have will be preserved.
- Give us your own history with the breed.
- Include information about your mentors that have helped along the way.
- Get histories of former breeders that you know are no longer active.
- Go through old dog magazines and let us know if you find an article you think would be important to our history.
- Talk to people you know about preserving their cocker history. None of us wish to think about the day we are no longer here. We know you love this breed... so help us ensure our spaniels and club history will be preserved for future generations. This does NOT mean parting with your treasures. It means making a will and provisions for them so one day they will not be thrown out in the trash. If at any time you feel overwhelmed in your household with items of spaniel history, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss ways to ensure it will be kept safe for future generations.
Remember, each of us has contributed something to the breed and no matter how big or small it comes together to form the single, larger picture that makes our breed what it is today and the foundation for tomorrow.
Wilma Parker, ASC Archivist
Archival Project, 2014 Work Group:
Dot Mustard, Bobbie Kolehouse, Kate Romanski, Bill Gorodner, Carole Kaye, Kathy Reid, Pauline Reintee, Terry Stacy, Elaine Mathis, Joanne Thorp, Bob Wall, Kathy Egeland-Brock.
Treasures of the American Spaniel Club
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to own this historic book! Reserve your copy early.
- Limited edition of three hundred books printed
- $40.00 each plus shipping and handling.
- Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard or check made payable to ASC in US funds.
TREASURES of the American Spaniel Club (Book Order Form)
Please send all orders to: Kathleen L. Patterson, ASC Secretary